Plate Loaded Seated Row
At Completegyms, we are proud to offer you this plate loaded seated row
Why not load it up with Olympic Plates
Check out this video – Video
The seated row works several muscles in your back and arms. These include:
- latissimus dorsi (middle back)
- rhomboids (between shoulder blades)
- trapezius (neck, shoulders, and upper back)
- biceps brachii (front of upper arm)
During the seated row, the primary movers are the lats and rhomboids. The trapezius and biceps help the movement by assisting the lats and rhomboids.
Benefits of Seated Row
The Seated Cable Row is a great exercise for building muscle mass in the back and arms, as well as improving posture and overall upper body strength. Some additional benefits of the Seated Cable Row include:
- Improving grip strength: gripping the handle of the cable and pulling it towards your body can help improve your grip strength and overall hand and forearm strength.
- Developing core stability: the seated cable row requires you to maintain a strong, stable core throughout the exercise, which can help improve your overall core strength and stability.
- Improving posture: the seated cable row can help improve your posture by strengthening the muscles in your upper back, which can help keep your shoulders back and your chest lifted.
- Increasing overall upper body strength: the Seated Cable Row can help improve your upper body strength by targeting the muscles in your back, arms, and shoulders.
- Enhancing athletic performance: the Seated Cable Row can help improve your athletic performance by increasing your upper body strength and power, which can be beneficial for sports such as rowing and swimming.
How Many Reps?
I generally program Seated Cable Rows as a supplemental strength exercise that is also effective at developing hypertrophy. Rep ranges are typically 3 to 4 sets of 8 to 12 reps per set.
Specifically, the seated row targets the muscles in your upper back and also the latissimus dorsi — a muscle on the outer side of the chest wall. This exercise will help improve your posture and help protect your shoulders.
All too often, athletes only work the muscles they see in the mirror. They push their biceps, core, and chest muscles to the point of failure yet forget about the other muscle groups in the body.
But here’s the thing: Your body is one complete system. If you want a strong body, you need to work each and every muscle — all 650 of them — not just the vanity muscles you want to flex.
Having plate loaded machine gives huge benefits to any light lifer, or heavy lifter. With the plate pegs on this plate loaded seated row, you can load them up to maximise your lifting.
0% APR for 12, 9, 6 and 3 Months with Equal Payments: 0%* APR from date of eligible purchase until paid in full. Percentage of APR dictated from credit score and this is only a representative and used for display purposes. Monthly payment is the purchase amount divided by the number of months in the offer. Last payment may vary due to rounding. On-time payments will pay off the promotional balance. Advertised monthly payment, if any, excludes taxes, delivery, or other charges. Other transactions and charges affect total monthly payment amount. Prior purchases excluded. Account must be in good standing. Limited time offer. Standard account terms apply to purchases that do not qualify. New accounts: standard Purchase APR 29.99%. Minimum interest charge £1. Existing accounts, see your Cardholder Agreement for applicable terms. Subject to credit approval. Complete Gyms financing account issued by Klarna & Humm.