Matrix Olympic Bench Package
At Completegyms, we are proud to offer you this Matrix Olympic Bench package.
Why not warm up with Resistance Bands ?
Check out this video on how to bench press properly on Olympic Bench – Video
Bench presses work several different muscles in your upper body, including the chest, shoulders, and arms.
The bench press is a compound exercise that targets the muscles of the upper body.
It involves lying on a bench and pressing weight upward using either a barbell or a pair of dumbbells. During a bench press, you lower the weight down to chest level and then press upwards while extending your arms. This movement is considered one repetition, or rep.
There are several variations of bench presses that each work different muscles. These may involve lying flat, lying at an incline or decline, or placing your hands closer together on the barbell.
- Traditional bench press. This exercise is done lying down on a flat bench and pressing a barbell up and down at chest height. It works the pectoral muscles, shoulders, and arms.
- Incline bench press. For this variation, the bench should be angled upward between 45 and 60 degrees, so you are leaning back slightly. It targets muscles of the upper chest and shoulders.
- Narrow grip bench press. During this variation, your hands are narrower together on the barbell. It works the triceps and forearms.
It’s not necessary to do all of these variations in the same workout. Overusing a muscle group can lead to injuries. That’s especially true if you’re working with heavy weights.
If you like variety, you can pick 2 or more variations per workout. Try to give yourself 1 or 2 rest days, allowing muscles to recover before switching between the other variations.
How to Flat bench correctly on Olympic Bench –
- Lie on your back on a flat bench. Grip a barbell with hands slightly wider than shoulder width. The bar should be directly over the shoulders.
- Press your feet firmly into the ground and keep your hips on the bench throughout the entire movement.
- Keep your core engaged and maintain a neutral spine position throughout the movement. Avoid arching your back.
- Slowly lift the bar or dumbbells off the rack, if using. Lower the bar to the chest, about nipple level, allowing elbows to bend out to the side, about 45 degrees away from the body.
- Stop lowering when your elbows are just below the bench. Press feet into the floor as you push the bar back up to return to starting position.
- Perform 5 to 10 reps, depending on weight used. Perform up to 3 sets.
How to Incline bench properly on Olympic Bench
- Place feet flat on the floor as you lean back slightly, so your back rests against the bench with a neutral spine.
- Start by holding dumbbells or a barbell directly over the shoulders. Face your palms forward, with the thumb wrapped around the handle.
- Press the weight upward over your eyes or slightly higher, with elbows extended to 45 degrees.
- Inhale and lower dumbbells or barbell slowly and with control until they touch or reach just above the chest, elbows and wrists staying out to the sides.
- Repeat the press and perform around 5 reps or more. Keep in mind that reps depend on your goals and the weight. Someone using heavier weights may do fewer reps than someone using lighter weights.
0% APR for 12, 9, 6 and 3 Months with Equal Payments: 0%* APR from date of eligible purchase until paid in full. Percentage of APR dictated from credit score and this is only a representative and used for display purposes. Monthly payment is the purchase amount divided by the number of months in the offer. Last payment may vary due to rounding. On-time payments will pay off the promotional balance. Advertised monthly payment, if any, excludes taxes, delivery, or other charges. Other transactions and charges affect total monthly payment amount. Prior purchases excluded. Account must be in good standing. Limited time offer. Standard account terms apply to purchases that do not qualify. New accounts: standard Purchase APR 29.99%. Minimum interest charge £1. Existing accounts, see your Cardholder Agreement for applicable terms. Subject to credit approval. Complete Gyms financing account issued by Klarna & Humm.