Using air resistance, the Renegade Air Bike scales automatically to how hard you want to train. The harder you pedal, the greater the resistance. It’s simple physics with big benefits.Being a cardio machine, the Renegade Air Bike is mainly used for burning calories, weight loss and toning. For people who are looking for an intense aerobic workout, this Air Bike is a must
While the Renegade Air Bike is not intended to replace resistance training, it can also be used for an anaerobic workout. This type of training may help development of several muscle groups, such as biceps, triceps, shoulders, breast and arms by using of the handles.
Anyone (who is tall enough to reach the pedals) can enjoy the benefits of cardiovascular training on the Renegade Air Bike. It’s a perfect equipment if you like High Intensity Interval Training. And before you consider purchasing this wonderful piece of fitness equipment, keep in mind that the intensity of a workout on the Air Bike is entirely dependent on the person who is exercising on it.
Out of all fitness equipment available for losing weight, Air Bikes are the most popular, because they are light and easy-to-use. The Renegade Air Bike is a great way to exercise conveniently and efficiently, especially in the comfort of own home. It’s easy to use and a good machine for burning fat.
The Renegade Air Bike is a great ‘default to’ exercise. If running or rowing or any other sport is not possible because of an injury, the Air Bike is a good option to train safely. It is a great tool for rehabilitation because it ensures safe movement without impact.
The Air Bike is an efficient and safe tool to practice interval training, more safe then a treadmill and much more effective and fun than any elliptical cross trainer out there.
- Convenient and easy to use
- Also ideal for people not used to exercising or very overweight people
- Ideal if bad weather doesn’t allow outside activities
- Watch TV during a workout
- Low injury risk to knees and ankles
- Easy to develop a rhythmic pace for better fat burning
- Helps develop leg strength
- Air/fan assisted bikes help cool down skin while working out
How to use the Renegade Air Bike
An Air Bike is a stationary bike with two handles that move back and forth, and a fan that is driven by the speed and power of the pedals. Air Bikes do not have preset electronic programs, so it’s up to you to make your own workout and choose the resistance level with your pace.
Step 1: Sit on the seat of the Air Bike. Place your feet on the pedals and grab the handles. Step 2: Pedal slowly at first. Move the handles back and forth. The Air Bike will increase its resistance based on how fast and hard you pump the pedals and handles. Step 3: Speed up as you get more comfortable with the movement. Keep your back straight as opposed to leaning forward.
What is an Air Bike?
An Air Bike is an upright stationary exercise bike with handles, also known as a fan bike. The resistance is provided by a fan wheel that exponentially increases wind resistance as you pedal harder. The intensity of exercise on an Air Bike is completely dependent on the person exercising. You can exercise your lower and upper body at the same time, or exercise your legs or arms independently, simply by resting your feet on the pegs in the center of the fan wheel.
How does it work?
- The resistance on the airbike is caused by the blades moving through the air.
- Low speed: low resistance
- High speed: high resistance
- Pedals and handlebars are connected: Train upper and lower body at the same time
- Upper and lower body can be trained independent from each other
- Functional arms
- Extra wide range of motion from handlebars
The Perfect Tool for Interval Training
Interval Training is a method of conditioning that uses alternating periods of work and rest.
- Burns more calories per minute than any other cardio machine
- Scientifically proven HIIT (high intensity interval training) is good for you
- Exercise less time and get more benefit
- Burns more fat
- A powerful way to get and to stay in shape
- Tabata* study shows great benefit
- Extra wide range of motion from handlebars
According to a leading USA Personal Trainer organization:
“The Air Bike is probably the most efficient and safest tool to practice interval training, more safe then a treadmill and much more effective and fun than any elliptical cross trainer out there.”
*Izumi Tabata had been publishing research on the aerobic and anaerobic systems prior to his seminal work. He put people through many different sprinting-type protocols to see how and when the different energy systems of the body were used. ATP, the key molecule used for energy production, is synthesized by both aerobic and anaerobic processes (in different ways). Tabata aimed to find a training program that would be the most efficient in improving this synthesis.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer No MPN No